Candy covered strawberry Christmas trees on chocolate Oreo cookies.
I always want to bring something to the holiday party that looks amazing but didn’t take an a-list baker to make. My skills in the kitchen are proficient; but when it comes to decorating and having something look picture perfect at the end, my desserts fall short. Finally, I’ve found the perfect Christmas dessert idea that is nearly impossible to mess up. It’s a favorite around the office and really fun as a Christmas recipe for kids.
If you love strawberries and Oreo cookies, then this recipe is for you!
Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
Total Time: 25 minutes
Green Candy Melts
Sprinkles (Colored Balls, White Sugar Sprinkles, Star Sprinkles)
- Grab a knife and slice the top off of each strawberry.
- Halve each Oreo cookie and keep the crème-filled side only. Pour white sugar sprinkles into a small bowl. Crème side down, dip the Oreo into the sugar sprinkles and set aside.
- Melt the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions.
- Using a skewer, toothpick, or fork, pierce each strawberry and completely coat it with the green candy melts. Place the strawberry (cut side down) onto the sprinkle-covered Oreo. Using either a toothpick or fork, dab at the melted candy to create the limbs on the Christmas tree. Quickly add ball sprinkles for ornaments and star sprinkles on top before candy coating is completely melted.
- Optional: Add additional sugar sprinkles on the completed Christmas trees to create a snowy effect.
- Prepare Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites and serve on the same day.
Pin for later!